Sam’s Xpress Labor Day Travel Tips
Labor Day can be a fun-filled day, spent with family and honoring our nation’s history of hardworking men and women. To be sure that you have fun responsibly, we are reminding you of Sam’s Xpress Labor Day Travel Tips.
What Labor Day means
Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.
Also, because we care about your safety, here are some helpful reminders from AAA
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. If maintenance is not up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive.
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
- If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them whistles to be used only if the family gets separated.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times. AAA and many other companies offer smartphone applications that enable motorists to request help without making a phone call.
With a little prep, you can leave the road-trip stress at home and enjoy your holiday with family and friends.
Also, here are 20 safe traveling tips
Looking for General Driving Tips? Check out this article: Top 20 Safe Driving Tips
Share This Story On Your Social Networks